Parents Information

Parents Information

Join a Unit

Young members are grouped by age into four sections: Rainbow Guides, Brownie Guides, Guides and The Senior Section. Find out more on our Sections page.

Many units have waiting lists and your daughter will not automatically be guaranteed a place so it’s important to put her name down early.

With so many girls waiting to join units across the UK, we always welcome parent helpers, so why not get involved? The more volunteers we have, the more girls can enjoy the benefits of Girlguiding. Find out more on our Volunteering page.

Click here to register your daughter


Girlguiding units charge ‘subs’ to cover the cost of equipment and hire of the meeting place. These are usually paid three times a year. There is also an annual subscription which covers the day-to-day running of the organisation. This is sometimes included in the subs. Subs vary from area to area – your local unit Leader will be able to tell you how much the subs are and when they need to be paid.

There is usually an extra charge for special activities, days out, residential events and holidays.

Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a government scheme to encourage people to give to charity. Under the scheme, money given to charities – including Girlguiding subscriptions – is eligible for tax relief. A unit can therefore increase its funds by claiming gift aid. Please ask your unit leader for a gift aid form if you pay UK tax.

Unit Safety

We have clear safety guidelines which all our volunteers follow. Each section has a ratio of adults to children that must be followed on trips out. We also have our own Leader qualifications and training.

We carry out recruitment checks on all volunteers who work directly with our young members. This includes criminal record disclosure checks, two references and an informal discussion with a local Commissioner – a member of Girlguiding responsible for the management of adults involved in Girlguiding.

For more information around child safety click here

Useful Forms

Information and Consent for Event/Activity form

Health Information form